Tuesday, September 06, 2005

east coastin' it..........

So i'm aware that it's pretty lame that I've reached the east coast and my total correspondence consists of 'day1' and some random blurb from a small French town that no one has ever heard of. Thus today I will attempt to remedy this by giving a general overview of the trip so far, right up to me sitting in Fredericton in my friend's (Fiona! an apartment mate of mine from GangshanTaiwan) living room typing right now.

After the 'first dinner', Ty and I headed out following the maze of 'trans Canada trail' signs which took us from the street to bike paths, to single track trails, by highrises and factories, along rivers and golf courses, to a ferry(which we took as the sun was setting and we were enjoying our French bread and olive oil which has become one of my staples) and eventually after two days to a beautiful beach on Cultus lake where both Timmy and Haemish were to meet us. Ty, after one night, not having anymore of this 'camping thing' suggested we rent a cabin(actually it was like a motel room,) for the night. Just as Ty and I sit down to lovely dinner of hummous in a bag and blueberry wine(which we had picked up at a local winery on the way) Timmy shows up sans Haemish. Fortunately a couple hours later I hear the familiar, somewhat reminiscent of the fat albert cartoon "hey, hey, hey..." And I immediately know Hammer(Haemish) is 'in the house'. The four of us were enjoying some after dinner local brews when we notice a the four girls down the way indulging in similar festivities. One of which, shortly after, came to introduce herself to us. To the shirgrin of the others(who actually are from or have lived in Vancouver), they were 'surrey girls'.

Timmy "what is the first thing surrey girls do in the morning?"
me "I don't know what?"
Timmy "go home"
Note: I just spoke to my brother Mark on the phone and he asked me to try to keep this blog 'G-rated' so as my niece, Madison and my nephew, Jordon could show it at school. This is the best I can do considering there is Ty and beers involved in the story.

Thus the surrey jokes continued on between us for the remainder of the evening. Only to be superseded by "hey man, you're wearing a touque!" which the drunkest guy in the, actual log cabin, bar shouts at me just as I enter. The humor in this is drawn from that fact that my wearing of the touque had become a major point of discussion early in our indepth conversations with the surrey girls. Ty, the one least in favour of the touque wearing, of course, found it the most humorous. Finally after sipping(actually chewing) down some locally brewed dark ales we all headed back to the cabin. Ty, after having spent the last two days cycling 180km was ready to crash. Haemish and I, knowing we had a big day ahead of us also were quickly out. Oh right and Timmy.........there was something about the tallest surrey girl, security guards, picnic tables.......but unfortunately my memory becomes a little fuzzy here, as dreams of the next day's cycle lead me into a deep slumber.........................:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home