Poor little baby he was born in the 'the gary'...................
You'll have to pardon my lame Elvis references. After Anna and Clint whipped up some of the best home made pizzas I've ever had, we were off to Jonny's styling new pad to partake in some Stampede festivities. After a weekend of 'stampeding', Clint offered to take us up to his condo in Canmore and do a day scrabble(which means walking up a mountain, but one that doesn't require you to use any special equipment), so Clint, Alison, Chucky and I climbed to the summit of the mighty "Chinaman" peak, which you can see in the pictures below (it's actually only moderately challenging, but sure makes for good photography!). After the climb, we had a lovely meal back at the Condo, from which we could clearly see our recent conquest. After Chucky, Vina, Holt and April had headed back to Calgary and Alison was was doing some writing, Clint and I retired to the patio to do some catching up and, if possible, figure out all of the world's(ie. our own) problems. We were having such a great talk that we figured it was deserving of a great cigar, which Clint has apparently become somewhat of a connoisseur of. Myself, who still doesn't really know how to smoke a cigarette, listened carefully as Clint gave me some pointers on the do's and don't's of cigar smoking. Naturally, the cigars brought the conversation to an even higher level. A hour of so later came the hard part, getting up out of the chair. As I attempted this feat, I was immediately brought back to teenage memories of getting off 'The Zipper' at the local fair and being overcome with nausea. After making my way to the living room without causing too much commotion, I laid on the floor next to Alison and informed her of my situation, which I think was already quite obvious to her. With her encouragement and the knowledge that it was only a condo , thus the staircase length was not insurmountable, I summoned up all my working faculties and made my way up the stairs to the bathroom when, all of a sudden, the thought of a cool shower became extremely appealing. As I was showering(well...holding myself up against the wall while in the shower), unexpected, but instantaneous relief came in the form of a rapid exodus of that evening's dinner. After cleaning up(which luckily wasn't such a dirty job being that I was in the shower) I was feeling just well enough to dry off, find Clint's spare room and crash........

2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thanks for the comments guys, especially the semi-pornographic one from my good friend Iva!
rob
Post a Comment
<< Home